How can I access my Manulife Group Retirement Services (GRS) account online?

How can I make a deposit to my bank account or investment accounts?

Any deposits can be dropped off in person to our office or we can email you forms to have deposit amounts drawn directly from your bank account. Please keep in mind that physical cheques do require travel time to reach the institution. Please call or stop in to clarify who cheques should be made out to.

Am I able to contribute automatically or on a monthly basis?

Yes. We encourage this in order to benefit from dollar cost averaging strategy (ask us about it!). Please contact us and we can email forms to you to set up monthly contributions to most types of accounts on whatever day of the month suits your needs.

What does my initial planning meeting to your office cost me?

The team at Maude Financial Inc. is more than happy to have discussion with you about your investment/insurance & financial planning needs free of charge to you.

What do I need to bring with me to a planning appointment?

Information about your annual income and any investments that you might hold will help us to know where you are at and develop a plan with you for moving forward.

What types of tax slips do I need to watch for at ‘tax time’?

T3 Tax Slip: T3 slips show income from interest, dividend and capital gains in non-registered accounts. Companies do not issue these slips if the interest is less than $50. T3 slips are usually mailed out at the end of March.

T5 Tax Slip: T5 slips are issued if interest earned from bank accounts and term deposits is over $50. T5 slips are mailed out at the end of February.

T4 Tax Slip: A T4 slip, or Statement of Remuneration Paid, is prepared by an employer to tell you and the CRA how much employment income you were paid during a tax year and the amount of income tax that was deducted. T4 tax slips must be issued by the last day of February.

RRSP Contribution Receipts: Contribution receipts show the amount that was contributed to an RRSP from March 1 to December 31, 2021. This receipt should be sent out in January. If money is contributed from January 1 to March 3, 2022(the deadline), the receipt will be issued sometime in March.

I need to “get organized” with my finances so who do I talk to?

A certified financial planner or financial advisor can help you to develop short term and long term solutions to manage your finances.

How do I get rich fast?

Short answer, you don’t. However working with a financial planner and investment advisor can help you to maximize the savings that you do have and develop a plan for future growth that suits your needs specifically.

How much do I need to retire?

This answer will vary greatly depending on your individual needs. There is no one magic number but a good guide is that you should use no more than 4 to 4.5 percent of the value of your savings per year to live. The calculator link below will help you to see how long your savings may last:

*Disclaimer: Investment products offered by Maude Financial Inc. involve insurance related products and services.